Ultra Chili 10x5K & 5K
November 18, 2017 at Laurel Hill County Park
1400 N Hwy 41, Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
Join us for the 3rd annual Ultra Chili, where you'll navigate through the majestic moss-draped trails of Laurel Hill County Park during this multi-loop race. Individuals and teams are encouraged to enter, and the post-race party includes cold beer, hot chili from Ladles, and chicken-and-waffles from Kickin' Chicken.
5K Race Fees
- Individuals: $28 or $22 for Move IT! Pass members
- Register for 5K
- Packet pickup is 6-6:45 a.m. Race starts at 7 a.m. Awards ceremony for 5K will begin at 8:30 a.m.
10x5K Race Fees
- Individuals: $75 or $60 for Move IT! Pass members
- 2-Person Team: $100 or $80 for Move IT! Pass members
- 3-Person Team: $150 or $120 for Move IT! Pass members
- 4-Person Team: $200 or $160 for Move IT! Pass members
- Teams (Each team must have a Team Manager and consist of a total of 2-4 participants. Prior to registering, Team Managers should have their team member names and shirt sizes.)
- View the course map (PDF).
- Packet pickup is 6-6:45 a.m.
- Race starts at 7 a.m.
- Each lap will be timed.
- Ultra individuals and teams will complete 10 laps. Each lap will begin on the hour (7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., and 4 p.m.).
- Ultra individual and team winners will have the fastest aggregate time for the entire 10 laps.
- Ultra individual and team members must complete each lap within 55 minutes of each wave start. Individual and team members must begin each lap on the hour with each wave start. Individuals or teams that do not complete each lap in under 55 minutes, or who do not begin each lap within one minute of each wave start will be disqualified.
- There will be one water station every 1.5 miles stocked with water, Powerade and gels. Participants are encouraged to carry a water bottle.
- Participants will receive finisher medals.
- Awards will be given to individuals as well as relay teams in the following categories: Top 5 fastest male/female participants, Top Masters male/female participants, Top 2/3/4 person relay team.
- Enjoy breakfast sandwiches, hot chili, cold beer, and other beverages.
- Teams are comprised of 2-4 people max.
- The order and number of laps per team member are up to the discretion of the team.
- An exchange zone will be set up near the Start/Finish line for member transitions. This is the only place on the course exchanges can occur.
- Splits will be recorded under the team name.
We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.