November 18, 2017
Laurel Hill County Park EVENT ENTRANCE: Turn off of US 17 on to Hwy 41 North and go 1.1 miles and Laurel Hill County Park will be 1.1 miles on your right.
Laurel Hill County Park
1400 Hwy. 41
Mount Pleasant, SC 29465
Ultra Chili 50K
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Join us for the 3rd annual Ultra Chili 50K, where you'll navigate through the majestic moss-draped trails of Laurel Hill County Park during this multi-loop race. Individuals and teams are encouraged to enter, and the post-race party includes hot chili and cold beer.
Online registration ends Friday, November 17 at 3 p.m. Custom race shirts are guaranteed to participants who register before October 17.
- Individuals: $90, $75 CCR*, or $60 for Move IT! Pass members
- 2-Person Team: $100 or $80 for Move IT! Pass members
- 3-Person Team: $150 or $120 for Move IT! Pass members
- 4-Person Team: $200 or $160 for Move IT! Pass members
- View the course map (PDF).
- Packet pickup is 7-7:45 a.m.
- Race starts at 8 a.m.
- The course is a continuous 10 lap, 5K loop with no scheduled breaks between each lap. Participants are encouraged to take breaks as needed.
- The maximum allowed finish time is 8 hours/4 p.m. Participants must begin their final lap before the 7 hour/3 p.m. cut-off time.
- Each lap will be timed.
- There will be one water station every 1.5 miles stocked with water, Powerade and gels. Participants are encouraged to carry a water bottle.
- Participants will receive finisher medals.
- Awards will be given to individuals as well as relay teams in the following categories: Top 5 fastest male/female participants, Top Masters male/female participants, Top 2/3/4 person relay team.
- Teams are comprised of 2-4 people max.
- The order and number of laps per team member are up to the discretion of the team.
- An exchange zone will be set up near the Start/Finish line for member transitions. This is the only place on the course exchanges can occur.
- Splits will be recorded under the team name.
We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes.
Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.